go for gold foundation
Go For Gold Foundation welcomes, educates, and empowers its beneficiaries to discover, evolve, lead, and serve. It is our mission to empower youth via opportunities stemming from, but not limited to, the sport of wrestling. We believe wholeheartedly that our sport(s) provide a healthy platform for intrinsic motivation, persistence, work ethic and perseverance to shine. We serve the community through partnerships centered around the continual care for and development of goal oriented, results driven, student-athletes that can compete and thrive at the highest levels of education and sport.
Wrestling is often considered an individual venture, however our mission goes beyond the sport. Here, we provide an outlet and initiatory opportunity to what many consider a marginalized population. We intend to serve a respective population that qualifies area schools as a federal tier one.
While we are very proud to have a diverse group of student-athletes working together toward a common goal, each year our program(s) aptly reflect the spectrum of socioeconomic disparities seen in our areas. All stakeholders are well aware of the challenges facing our communities, as the majority of our stakeholders are proud products of the very communities we intend to serve. Therefore, we champion the cause for being more than a wrestling foundation, rather a family oriented collective intent on the pursuit of excellence, on and off the mat.
As you well know, wrestling is a grueling sport in which the preparation is far more arduous than most would willingly endure. We invite the challenges that come with equipping youth in communities which in some cases face ostensibly insurmountable circumstances, with character building experiences and teachable moments that are natural byproducts of competitive amateur wrestling. Our organization is about more than cultivating recruit-able student-athletes; we’re about working hard for oneself, family, and community.
- minority and low income communities
- Community Engagement & Education
- Job opportunities & CAREER FAIRS
Expanding Wrestling South
- Engage youth to grow the sport of wrestling
- Gender Inclusive
- New Parent education approach
- Introduce and develop the “culture” of wrestling
In Your Corner
- Assistance program for coaches and parents to help with financial restraints when it pertains to tournament entry fees, wrestling shoes, and other essentials.
- Partnership efforts to assist with new program start up and wrestling facilities enhancement
- Partnership efforts to assist with developing a pipeline of qualified and employable new referees.
- Fundraising & Events
- Community Connection
- Appearances & Speaking Engagements
- Amateur Tournaments & All-Star Matches
- Camps & Clinics
- Job & Opportunity Fairs
- Major Wrestling Platform Ticket Partnership